- Success Stories
- 3D Scanners
- About Us
INUS Technology Releases Rapidform XOR2/Redesign
Seoul, South Korea – July 13, 2007, INUS Technology, Inc., the developer of Rapidform® 3D scanning software, today announced the release of Rapidform XOR™2/Redesign, the only 3D scanning software that creates parametric CAD solid models. Offering more than 200 enhancements and new functions, XOR2 automates processes and provides complete control of the 3D scanning workflow.
Introduced in August 2006, Rapidform XOR was the pioneering software application that answered industry’s demand for tools to create native CAD models for SolidWorks®, UGS NX™ and Pro/ENGINEER® from point cloud data. Rapidform XOR made the process faster and easier with design functions and a user interface that were instantly familiar to CAD users. The newest version, XOR2, is a continuation of Rapidform’s innovative approach to scan data processing and parametric solid modeling.
Calvin Hur, INUS Technology’s Vice President of Marketing and Global Sales, stated, “XOR has been well received, highly praised and widely accepted. However, being the first of its kind, we were creating a solution for which there was no precedent. Over the past year, we have received valuable input and guidance from our users on how to refine and perfect this software application. XOR2/Redesign is our answer to their requests and suggestions.”
“XOR2 delivers new functions and feature enhancements for faster performance, superior output, improved flexibility and near-flawless stability,” stated Hur. “To achieve this, we have added automation and user control throughout the application.”
XOR2 improvements cover scanner control, point cloud processing, 3D modeling, liveTransfer™ and overall functionality. Highlights include :
Direct Scanner Control: Performing 3D scanning within XOR2.
• LiveScan™ for seamless scanning and point cloud capture with scanners from Faro Technologies, Perceptron, Romer, Kreon Technologies, Steinbichler and others .
• Integration with Konica Minolta Vivid, Creaform HandyScan and Z Corp ZScanner laser scanners.
• Touch probe input for digitizing of primitives and freeform curve interpolation.
• Tightly integrated with 100% automated scan data processing features.
Point Cloud Processing: Filtering, smoothing, sampling, meshing and editing tools for scan data processing.
• One button mesh refinement and optimization.
• World’s 1st 100% automated “Mesh Build-up Wizard” for defect-free, watertight meshes from raw scan data.
• Automatic multi-scan shot registration and shot merging tools.
• Cross-sectioning and freeform curve design.
• Photoshop®-like direct texture editing.
3D Modeling: Advanced parametric solids and surface modeling functionality.
• “Lofting Wizard” for automatic creation of smooth surfaces and profile curves.
• One button CAD correction for automatic refinement of existing data to match as-built conditions.
• 3D feature line design tool for automatic, intelligently-guided interpol- ation curves.
liveTransfer™: Direct interface to leading CAD packages with full history tree.
• Enhanced interfaces to SolidWorks and UGS NX4.
• New Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire™ 3.0 interface.
Enhancements: Improved functionality for greater control and flexibility.
• “Redesign Assistant™” Magic wand tool for helical and spiral curves.
• Embossing and labeling.
• G2 continuity throughout all surface modeling functions.
• G2 continuity matching even for imported surface patches.
• Enhanced auto segmentation.
Hur also noted that the 32-bit version of XOR2/Redesign will be accompanied by a beta release of the 64-bit version. “With the 64-bit platform, which will be commercially available later this year, Rapidform users will process huge data sets faster without concern of receiving an ‘out of memory’ warning,” he stated.
Rapidform XOR2 is now available through INUS Technology’s global network of authorized resellers. Despite the number of enhancements, pricing remains unchanged. For information about XOR2, visit www.rapidform.com
About INUS Technology Inc.
INUS Technology helps companies unlock the power of 3D scanning. The company’s software solutions are the most widely installed products for reverse engineering, 3D imaging and inspection using 3D scan data around the globe. Rapidform makes 3D scanning an extremely powerful tool for a variety of applications and is used in fields such as manufacturing, R&D, quality inspection, medical research and civil engineering. Leading companies including Audi, Ford, Hyundai, Toyota, Rolls Royce, Volkswagen, Hitachi, Panasonic, Oakley, Samsung, Sony, Alcoa, and Benteler use Rapidform’s advanced technology to innovate throughout their research, design, manufacturing and quality control processes. For more information, please visit http://www.rapidform.com
Tagged with: press release
- Rapidform 3D Scanning Event Attracts Record Crowd in Seoul Korea
- Rapidform XOV Adds New Probe-Based Measurement and Speeds Up Inspection
- 3D Systems Buys Rapidform
- 3D Systems Buys Geomagic
- 3D Systems Delivers Go!MODEL for Creaform Go!SCAN 3D Scanner
- 3D Systems Completes the Acquisition of Geomagic
- Rapidform Alliance Program Enables 3D Scanner Vendors to Offer Complete Hardware and Software Solutions
- New release of Rapidform XOV at EuroMold 2010
- New Release of Rapidform XOV2 Continues to Make 3D Scan-Based Verification Faster and Easier
- Rapidform to Interface Directly with Nikon Metrology Handheld Laser Scanners
- Rapidform Updates World Class 3D Scan Data Processing Tool
- Scansystems Srl becomes Rapidform 3D scanning software partner
- Rapidform Inc. Expands Into Two New Offices to Support Growing Demand
- Rapidform Sales Grow 38% as Manufacturers Adopt 3D Scanning Technology
- Rapidform XOV Helps Samsung Electronics Improve Production Quality
- Reverse Modeling Bundles FlexScan3D with Rapidform XOR
- INUS Technology Joins PTC Partner Advantage™ Program
- CGI Becomes Rapidform 3D Scanning Software Partner
- Rapidform Developer INUS Technology Receives “Great Work Place” Honor
- INUS Technology to Present Latest Releases at EuroMold 2007
- INUS Technology Wins Presidential Prize
- Latest Rapidform Products to be Displayed at INDUSTRIE2008
- Rapidform Announces Training Conference for 3D Scanning Industry Professionals
- Free 3D viewer, Rapidform® EXPLORER™ released
- INUS Technology to Present Latest Releases at Control 2009
- Breuckmann Now Offers Rapidform Software with Its 3D Scanners
- Rapidform 3D Scanning Software to be Sold with Imetric 3D Scanners
- INUS Technology to Present Latest Rapidform Scanning Solutions at EuroMold 2009
- Rapidform announces 2010 training conference for 3D scanning industry professionals
- Rapidform XOR3 Now Starts First Customer Shipment
- Calvin Hur Named CEO of INUS Technology as Simon Bae Focuses on New Products
- INUS Technology Announces H1 2010 Results; Revenue Up More Than 50%
- INUS Technology to Host 3D Scanning Industry Experts From Around the World at the Rapidform Solution Conference 2010
- INUS Technology Launches InvisHands, the First On-Demand 3D Scan-To-CAD Conversion Service
- Rapidform XOR 3D-Scanning Software Receives GOOD Software Certification
- 3DDynamics to bundle Rapidform software with the Mephisto white-light 3D scanner
- 3D Scanning Becomes Fashionable; UNITED NUDE™ High-heels Designed with Rapidform
- INUS Technology to be at CONTROL 2010, Germany
- Rapidform XOR3 Creates Native CAD Models for Six Major CAD Systems
- INUS Technology Releases InspectWorks™2.0 for Solidworks Users
- Upcoming Rapidform XOR3 Release Makes Creating CAD Models from 3D Scan Data Faster and Easier
- Rapidform 3D Scanning Software Recognized as a World Class Product by Korea’s Ministry of Knowledge Economy
- Rapidform software to be offered by DPS software, the leading European Solidworks reseller
- Steinbichler offers Rapidform Software with its scanning systems
- INUS Technology presents Latest Rapidform Solutions at DMS 2009
- Formation of Rapidform JAPAN K.K. Corporation
- Spatial PMI with CAD Translation Key Component of Rapidform Software Solution
- INUS Technology Releases Rapidform XOV/Verifier2 Inspection Software
- INUS Technology Opens Enhanced Website
- INUS Technology and Roland DG Corporation Announce OEM Agreement and Bundle Offer
- INUS Technology to Present Latest Releases at EuroMold 2008
- INUS Technology, Inc. Releases New Rapidform 3D Point-processing Libraries
- Rapidform and Creaform Announce Sales Agreement and Bundle Offer
- INUS Technology to Emphasize Automated Inspection Software at DMS 2008
- INUS Technology Sponsors The Pierre Bézier Award
- Rapidform and Metris USA Announce Sales Agreement
- INUS Technology Launches InspectWorks™ Add-in For SolidWorks
- Japan’s Nihon Unisys Excelutions Joins Rapidform Partner Program
- INNEO Solutions Joins Rapidform Partner Program
- GM Daewoo Accelerates Die Duplication Using Rapidform XOR
- Rapidform 64-bit Versions Released
- Rapidform Adds New Sales Partners to Meet Demand
- INUS Technology Releases Rapidform XOS2/Scan
- INUS Technology Releases Rapidform XOR2/Redesign
- INUS to Unveil New Rapidform Software Releases at DMS
- Rapidform.dll Delivers Powerful Mesh Processing, NURBS Surfacing and Inspection Capabilities to 3D Application Developers
- Rapidform Inc. Expands Executive Management Team for Growth
- NextEngine Unveils “Points-to-Parts” Software
- Konica Bundles VIVID 910 3D Digitizer with Rapidform XOR (US only)
- Creaform China and Rapidform Announce 3D Scanning Solutions Agreement
- Rapidform 3D Scanning Software Sales Continue Growth With Outstanding H1 2011 Results
- Hyundai Motor Accelerates Product Development with Rapidform 3D Scanning Software
- Study Finds Rapidform Is “The Only Viable Choice for Parametric Solid Modeling” from 3D Scans
- 2011 Rapidform Solution Conference Brings Together 3D Scanning Experts in Seoul, Korea
- Artec and Rapidform Join Forces to Provide World Class 3D Scanning Solutions
- Rapidform Continues European Expansion to Meet Growing Demand
- Rapidform Announces 2012 Success Conference, Annual 3D Scanning Training Event
- Record Breaking FY2011 Sales For Rapidform 3D Scanning Software
- Rapidform XOR3 SP1 Creates Native CAD Models for Autodesk Inventor
- Rapidform Releases Latest Versions of Reverse Engineering Software
- Surphaser and Rapidform Sign 3D Scanning Solutions Agreement