- Success Stories
- 3D Scanners
- About Us
Seoul, South Korea – July 13, 2007, INUS Technology, Inc., the developer of Rapidform® 3D scanning software, today announced the release of Rapidform XOR™2/Redesign, the only 3D scanning software that creates parametric CAD solid models. Offering more than 200 enhancements and new functions, XOR2 automates processes and provides complete control of the 3D scanning workflow.
Introduced in August 2006, Rapidform XOR was the pioneering software application that answered industry’s demand for tools to create native CAD models for SolidWorks®, UGS NX™ and Pro/ENGINEER® from point cloud data. Rapidform XOR made the process faster and easier with design functions and a user interface that were instantly familiar to CAD users. The newest version, XOR2, is a continuation of Rapidform’s innovative approach to scan data processing and parametric solid modeling.
Calvin Hur, INUS Technology’s Vice President of Marketing and Global Sales, stated, “XOR has been well received, highly praised and widely accepted. However, being the first of its kind, we were creating a solution for which there was no precedent. Over the past year, we have received valuable input and guidance from our users on how to refine and perfect this software application. XOR2/Redesign is our answer to their requests and suggestions.”
“XOR2 delivers new functions and feature enhancements for faster performance, superior output, improved flexibility and near-flawless stability,” stated Hur. “To achieve this, we have added automation and user control throughout the application.”
XOR2 improvements cover scanner control, point cloud processing, 3D modeling, liveTransfer™ and overall functionality. Highlights include :
Direct Scanner Control: Performing 3D scanning within XOR2.
• LiveScan™ for seamless scanning and point cloud capture with scanners from Faro Technologies, Perceptron, Romer, Kreon Technologies, Steinbichler and others .
• Integration with Konica Minolta Vivid, Creaform HandyScan and Z Corp ZScanner laser scanners.
• Touch probe input for digitizing of primitives and freeform curve interpolation.
• Tightly integrated with 100% automated scan data processing features.
Point Cloud Processing: Filtering, smoothing, sampling, meshing and editing tools for scan data processing.
• One button mesh refinement and optimization.
• World’s 1st 100% automated “Mesh Build-up Wizard” for defect-free, watertight meshes from raw scan data.
• Automatic multi-scan shot registration and shot merging tools.
• Cross-sectioning and freeform curve design.
• Photoshop®-like direct texture editing.
3D Modeling: Advanced parametric solids and surface modeling functionality.
• “Lofting Wizard” for automatic creation of smooth surfaces and profile curves.
• One button CAD correction for automatic refinement of existing data to match as-built conditions.
• 3D feature line design tool for automatic, intelligently-guided interpol- ation curves.
liveTransfer™: Direct interface to leading CAD packages with full history tree.
• Enhanced interfaces to SolidWorks and UGS NX4.
• New Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire™ 3.0 interface.
Enhancements: Improved functionality for greater control and flexibility.
• “Redesign Assistant™” Magic wand tool for helical and spiral curves.
• Embossing and labeling.
• G2 continuity throughout all surface modeling functions.
• G2 continuity matching even for imported surface patches.
• Enhanced auto segmentation.
Hur also noted that the 32-bit version of XOR2/Redesign will be accompanied by a beta release of the 64-bit version. “With the 64-bit platform, which will be commercially available later this year, Rapidform users will process huge data sets faster without concern of receiving an ‘out of memory’ warning,” he stated.
Rapidform XOR2 is now available through INUS Technology’s global network of authorized resellers. Despite the number of enhancements, pricing remains unchanged. For information about XOR2, visit www.rapidform.com
About INUS Technology Inc.
INUS Technology helps companies unlock the power of 3D scanning. The company’s software solutions are the most widely installed products for reverse engineering, 3D imaging and inspection using 3D scan data around the globe. Rapidform makes 3D scanning an extremely powerful tool for a variety of applications and is used in fields such as manufacturing, R&D, quality inspection, medical research and civil engineering. Leading companies including Audi, Ford, Hyundai, Toyota, Rolls Royce, Volkswagen, Hitachi, Panasonic, Oakley, Samsung, Sony, Alcoa, and Benteler use Rapidform’s advanced technology to innovate throughout their research, design, manufacturing and quality control processes. For more information, please visit http://www.rapidform.com