- Success Stories
- 3D Scanners
- About Us
NextEngine Unveils “Points-to-Parts” Software
New Orleans, LA – Feb 6, 2007, Last year, NextEngine smashed price / performance barriers when it unveiled its $2,495 Desktop 3D Scanner technology on stage at SolidWorks World. At one-tenth the cost of other systems, it rewrote the rules for 3D scanning hardware. Now, they are changing the rules again. This time, for 3D scan software.
Today, NextEngine debuts its new RapidWorks™ software solution with special features for SolidWorks users. It offers a comprehensive suite of tools to allow designers to take raw points and turn them into idealized SolidWorks SLDPRT part files. The output is a fully parametric solid model with a true Feature Tree. Built on technology from world-leading RapidformXOR, the $20,000 flagship of Re-Engineering software, RapidWorks™ is now available exclusively for NextEngine 3D Scanner users at the breakthrough price of $2,495.
RapidWorks™ is also joined by two more new software products to provide solutions for every task and budget.
ScanStudio™ ART is for Designers and Digital Artists who want to create fully-healed watertight models for 3D printing and complex design or CGI tasks. It is a $495 upgrade of the ScanStudio Core software included with each NextEngine Scanner.
ScanStudio™ PRO is for Engineers who want NURBS surfacing and automatic spline output from points. It also features a comparison tool to analyze differences between as-built and CAD models. This “Points to NURBS” upgrade costs $995.
All three new software products ship at the end of next month, and are available for order now.
3D Scanning Right on Your Desk
NextEngine’s full-color 3D Scanner with Multi-Laser precision is a USB peripheral that makes it practical to scan complex shapes for MCAD and 3D design applications on your desk, and at very low cost.
“NextEngine now offers a complete solution to take designs from ‘Points to Parts,’” said Mark Knighton, CEO of NextEngine.
“Designers asked for high-quality, popular-priced 3D Scan Hardware and Software. Last July, we began volume production of our new Multi-Laser hardware technology. Today, with the introduction of our new software solutions, we are also delivering the powerful 3D scan software that designers want.
“Rapidform’s leadership in feature recognition and part synthesis technology are the state-of-the-art in 3D scan to CAD processing software. Bringing the world’s best software to our large community of 3D Scanner users will further expand our leading position in system sales.”
“This powerful combination marks a stunning advance in performance and affordability,” Knighton said.
According to Rapidform’s CEO, Dr. Simon Bae: “NextEngine’s 3D Scanner technology has changed the dynamics of the 3D Modeling Software Industry.
“Our partnership with NextEngine brings the power of Rapidform’s class-leading software solution to the exciting new high-volume market for personal design stations.
“Our premium RapidformXOR product has massive point capacity and works with departmental 3D scanners. This new RapidWorks product will provide millions of input points and the same toolset in a very affordable solution for NextEngine Scanner users,” said Dr. Bae.
SolidWorks Director of Marketing and Alliances, Efrat Ravid, comments: “We are very pleased that NextEngine and Rapidform are providing their new technology to our users, and with special features exclusively for SolidWorks. These new advances in modeling technology for our Design Platform highlight the strong innovation and growth in the SolidWorks Community. They provide even more tools to help SolidWorks users design better products.”
NextEngine, Inc. is revolutionizing the use of 3D capture with advanced technology and volume manufacturing expertise. The company draws on two decades of Engineering and Product Development experience in Consumer Microelectronics, as a technology partner for Fortune 500 firms including H-P, Kodak, Seiko, Motorola and Symbol. NextEngine is based in Santa Monica, California, and maintains mass production facilities in Malaysia. For additional information, visit www.nextengine.com.
About INUS Technology Inc.
INUS Technology helps companies unlock the power of 3D scanning. The company’s software solutions are the most widely installed products for reverse engineering, 3D imaging and inspection using 3D scan data around the globe. Rapidform makes 3D scanning an extremely powerful tool for a variety of applications and is used in fields such as manufacturing, R&D, quality inspection, medical research and civil engineering. Leading companies including Audi, Ford, Hyundai, Toyota, Rolls Royce, Volkswagen, Hitachi, Panasonic, Oakley, Samsung, Sony, Alcoa, and Benteler use Rapidform’s advanced technology to innovate throughout their research, design, manufacturing and quality control processes. For more information, please visit http://www.rapidform.com
Tagged with: press release
- Rapidform 3D Scanning Event Attracts Record Crowd in Seoul Korea
- Rapidform XOV Adds New Probe-Based Measurement and Speeds Up Inspection
- 3D Systems Buys Rapidform
- 3D Systems Buys Geomagic
- 3D Systems Delivers Go!MODEL for Creaform Go!SCAN 3D Scanner
- 3D Systems Completes the Acquisition of Geomagic
- Rapidform Alliance Program Enables 3D Scanner Vendors to Offer Complete Hardware and Software Solutions
- New release of Rapidform XOV at EuroMold 2010
- New Release of Rapidform XOV2 Continues to Make 3D Scan-Based Verification Faster and Easier
- Rapidform to Interface Directly with Nikon Metrology Handheld Laser Scanners
- Rapidform Updates World Class 3D Scan Data Processing Tool
- Scansystems Srl becomes Rapidform 3D scanning software partner
- Rapidform Inc. Expands Into Two New Offices to Support Growing Demand
- Rapidform Sales Grow 38% as Manufacturers Adopt 3D Scanning Technology
- Rapidform XOV Helps Samsung Electronics Improve Production Quality
- Reverse Modeling Bundles FlexScan3D with Rapidform XOR
- INUS Technology Joins PTC Partner Advantage™ Program
- CGI Becomes Rapidform 3D Scanning Software Partner
- Rapidform Developer INUS Technology Receives “Great Work Place” Honor
- INUS Technology to Present Latest Releases at EuroMold 2007
- INUS Technology Wins Presidential Prize
- Latest Rapidform Products to be Displayed at INDUSTRIE2008
- Rapidform Announces Training Conference for 3D Scanning Industry Professionals
- Free 3D viewer, Rapidform® EXPLORER™ released
- INUS Technology to Present Latest Releases at Control 2009
- Breuckmann Now Offers Rapidform Software with Its 3D Scanners
- Rapidform 3D Scanning Software to be Sold with Imetric 3D Scanners
- INUS Technology to Present Latest Rapidform Scanning Solutions at EuroMold 2009
- Rapidform announces 2010 training conference for 3D scanning industry professionals
- Rapidform XOR3 Now Starts First Customer Shipment
- Calvin Hur Named CEO of INUS Technology as Simon Bae Focuses on New Products
- INUS Technology Announces H1 2010 Results; Revenue Up More Than 50%
- INUS Technology to Host 3D Scanning Industry Experts From Around the World at the Rapidform Solution Conference 2010
- INUS Technology Launches InvisHands, the First On-Demand 3D Scan-To-CAD Conversion Service
- Rapidform XOR 3D-Scanning Software Receives GOOD Software Certification
- 3DDynamics to bundle Rapidform software with the Mephisto white-light 3D scanner
- 3D Scanning Becomes Fashionable; UNITED NUDE™ High-heels Designed with Rapidform
- INUS Technology to be at CONTROL 2010, Germany
- Rapidform XOR3 Creates Native CAD Models for Six Major CAD Systems
- INUS Technology Releases InspectWorks™2.0 for Solidworks Users
- Upcoming Rapidform XOR3 Release Makes Creating CAD Models from 3D Scan Data Faster and Easier
- Rapidform 3D Scanning Software Recognized as a World Class Product by Korea’s Ministry of Knowledge Economy
- Rapidform software to be offered by DPS software, the leading European Solidworks reseller
- Steinbichler offers Rapidform Software with its scanning systems
- INUS Technology presents Latest Rapidform Solutions at DMS 2009
- Formation of Rapidform JAPAN K.K. Corporation
- Spatial PMI with CAD Translation Key Component of Rapidform Software Solution
- INUS Technology Releases Rapidform XOV/Verifier2 Inspection Software
- INUS Technology Opens Enhanced Website
- INUS Technology and Roland DG Corporation Announce OEM Agreement and Bundle Offer
- INUS Technology to Present Latest Releases at EuroMold 2008
- INUS Technology, Inc. Releases New Rapidform 3D Point-processing Libraries
- Rapidform and Creaform Announce Sales Agreement and Bundle Offer
- INUS Technology to Emphasize Automated Inspection Software at DMS 2008
- INUS Technology Sponsors The Pierre Bézier Award
- Rapidform and Metris USA Announce Sales Agreement
- INUS Technology Launches InspectWorks™ Add-in For SolidWorks
- Japan’s Nihon Unisys Excelutions Joins Rapidform Partner Program
- INNEO Solutions Joins Rapidform Partner Program
- GM Daewoo Accelerates Die Duplication Using Rapidform XOR
- Rapidform 64-bit Versions Released
- Rapidform Adds New Sales Partners to Meet Demand
- INUS Technology Releases Rapidform XOS2/Scan
- INUS Technology Releases Rapidform XOR2/Redesign
- INUS to Unveil New Rapidform Software Releases at DMS
- Rapidform.dll Delivers Powerful Mesh Processing, NURBS Surfacing and Inspection Capabilities to 3D Application Developers
- Rapidform Inc. Expands Executive Management Team for Growth
- NextEngine Unveils “Points-to-Parts” Software
- Konica Bundles VIVID 910 3D Digitizer with Rapidform XOR (US only)
- Creaform China and Rapidform Announce 3D Scanning Solutions Agreement
- Rapidform 3D Scanning Software Sales Continue Growth With Outstanding H1 2011 Results
- Hyundai Motor Accelerates Product Development with Rapidform 3D Scanning Software
- Study Finds Rapidform Is “The Only Viable Choice for Parametric Solid Modeling” from 3D Scans
- 2011 Rapidform Solution Conference Brings Together 3D Scanning Experts in Seoul, Korea
- Artec and Rapidform Join Forces to Provide World Class 3D Scanning Solutions
- Rapidform Continues European Expansion to Meet Growing Demand
- Rapidform Announces 2012 Success Conference, Annual 3D Scanning Training Event
- Record Breaking FY2011 Sales For Rapidform 3D Scanning Software
- Rapidform XOR3 SP1 Creates Native CAD Models for Autodesk Inventor
- Rapidform Releases Latest Versions of Reverse Engineering Software
- Surphaser and Rapidform Sign 3D Scanning Solutions Agreement
Press & News
- Subscribe to our newsletter