- Success Stories
- 3D Scanners
- About Us
User review: on the improved Auto Sketch feature
The next major version of our flagship reverse engineering software, Rapidform XOR has just been released. New technologies in Rapidform XOR3 SP1 save more time in creating parametric solids from 3D scans, making it the even faster path to CAD.
Speed up the reverse engineering process with the following new features:
- Quick Modeling, a new way to create parametric feature-based models using advanced technology that identifies and creates extrusions, revolutions, lofts, sweeps and pipes automatically
- Improved Auto Surfacing provides the convenience of automation with the control of manual surfacing
- Autodesk Inventor LiveTransfer to save native models in Inventor with complete feature trees
- Improved Auto Sketch to make accurate sketches easier and at least 50% faster
- CAD to Scan Alignment providing huge time savings on modeling arbitrary patterns
Rapidform XOS3 SP1 is also now available!
For detailed information, overview videos and online training about the new features in our latest releases, visit www.rapidform.com/new/
Do you use FARO SCENE 5.0? Update now to open FLS 5.0 files in Rapidform.
Download the new FARO Scene 5.0 importer patch for XOR3 SP1 and XOS3 SP1. Further details and downloads are available in the Rapidform Support Center
The Rapidform Success Conference USA 2012 wrapped up on April 5 in Denver, Colorado and was a huge hit. Everyone who attended walked away more productive and armed with the tools they need to get their 3D scanning work done faster.
Thanks again to all of our sponsors!
Keep your eyes peeled for future Success Conferences in other regions including Germany, Japan and Korea.
Tweets from #rfsuccess
|@rapid_3d Rapid3D had a great time at #rfsuccess, @Rapidform has made XOR, XOV and XOS even better for its next release.|
How to Properly Create a Model to Import into Creo (Pro/E) using LiveTransfer™
When using the LiveTransfer command to export a model into Creo (Pro/E) from Rapidform XOR, the model can encounter errors. This tip guides users to create a model of a bottle in XOR that will LiveTransfer to Creo (Pro/E) without issues.
Learn how to use the new features of Rapidform XOR3 SP1!
»Watch training videos and learn more about what’s new with
the latest release of XOR in our support site
the latest release of XOR in our support site
Find all future events on the Rapidform Events Calendar
"From a Scanned Concept to a Parametric 3D CAD" (EN)
“Vom Konzept uber einen Scan zum Parametrischen 3D CAD” (DE)
• When: 15 May, 2012
10:00 ~ 11:00 CEST (DE)
14:00 ~ 15:00 BST (EN)
» Register for this webinar in order to get the replay link
Mfg4 Event 2012
Manufacturing 4 the Future
• When: 8 ~ 10 May, 2012
• Where: Connecticut Convention Center, Hartford, CT, U.S.
»Visit Rapidform in booth # 1002
Additive manufacturing and 3D imaging technologies conference.
• When: 22 ~ 25 May, 2012
• Where: Atlanta, GA, U.S.
»Visit Rapidform in booth # 306
»Wed. May 23: “3D Scan-To-CAD, Does 1+1 Really Equal 2?”
Michael Mock, INUS Technology http://bit.ly/yVY6ew
Contact email@example.com to schedule a meeting onsite.
The leading international trade fair for quality assurance
• When: 8 ~ 11 May, 2012
• Where: Trade Fair Centre Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany
»Visit Rapidform in Stand 5318, Hall 5
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting onsite.
Die & Mould China 2012
Precision Machining, Mold-making and Forming Equipment specialized trade show
• When: 31 May ~ 3 June, 2012
• Where: Shanghai New International Expo Centre, Shanghai, China
» Visit Rapidform partners:
- Creaform Shanghai at booth #E1-A470
- Konica Minolta (China) Investment Ltd at booth #E1-A150
- Hangzhou Shining 3D at booth #E6-E425
- Henzhen 3DPrinting Technology at booth #E6-F257
Contact email@example.com to schedule a meeting onsite.
SPAR Japan 2012
Learn best practices in 3D data capture, processing, delivery!
• When: 5 ~ 6 June, 2012
• Where: Kawasaki City Industrial Promotion Hall
» Visit Rapidform at booth #18
23rd Design Engineering & Manufacturing Solutions Expo
• When: 20 ~ 22 June, 2012
• Where: Tokyo Big Sight, Tokyo, Japan
» Visit Rapidform at booth 23-14
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting onsite
Konica Minolta: Shape Lab 360 Episode 1 – Phone Dock
How to design a custom iPhone dock for a Toyota Prius
Space vehicle gets rapid redesign
Reverse Engineering Software Reduces Design Time of NASA
UAV Engine Cowling
Real Time 3D Scanning with Kinect & Rapidform.dll
We’ve tested real time 3D scanning with Kinect.
» Rapidform Releases Latest Versions of Reverse Engineering Software, (April 10, 2012)
» Rapidform XOR3 SP1 Creates Native CAD Models for Autodesk Inventor, (April 10, 2012)
Recent Media Coverage
• Perfecting the Sports Car Roar, TCT Magazine, April 2012
• A True Picture of a Product, R&D magazine, April 19, 2012
• Chocolate Bunny XOR success story “Meister Lampe net verpackt”, Digital Engineering, March 2012
• Cutting it fine, Develop3D, March 1, 2012
• Unmanned Space Vehicle Gets Rapid Redesign, Design World, February 15, 2012
• The 21st Century Replicator, Desktop Engineering, February 2012
• Optimizing Mold Design with Scanning Technology, MoldMaking Technology, February 1, 2012